Just a little cleanse- post-holiday and pre-New Year’s Eve. If your insides are in need of repair, try one or all of the following:
- It’s counterintuitive to drink a lot of water in the cold weather, so do it consciously.
- 8 glasses every day, and one extra glass for every serving of hot chocolate, cider, eggnog, coffee and alcohol.
- Try starting your day with two glasses of water, before you eat or drink anything else. Notice anything different?
- Green smoothie
- Easy as 1, 2, 3: Blend carrot juice, baby spinach leaves (Vitamin K for bone health, Calcium, anti-inflammatory, Vitamin C, fiber, and beta-carotene), banana (fiber and potassium), water, splash of lemon juice and 2 teaspoons of spirulina (chlorophyll, protein, and a beneficial fatty acid called GLA) in a blender (add frozen berries, mango or other greens if you like).
- Drink up daily and feel clean!
- After all the holiday richness, I certainly was craving some greens the other day. A spinach salad with avocado, cherry tomatoes, lime juice and olive oil did the trick.
- For something warm, try a heaping plate of wilted Swiss chard tossed with lemon juice and olive oil.
- Getting at least one heaping serving of greens every day for the next week should help your insides heal and cleanse.
Small, simple steps until 2012…experiment and see how your body feels.